Monday 9 January 2012

STUBBORNNESS


UNTITLED
I cannot finish pouring down my heart tonight. First because I’m kind of disorganize and secondly, because I’m not a good writer, but I will try my best to put something down, enough to jolt my memory back if I will need to remind myself.
It happened one fateful evening; I was living with the family of my boss during my IT days. This does not happened during the period of my IT anyway, it only happened during one of my several breaks in the university. This is the story of an adult who was beaten by his father. Normally, this should not have made a headline if it was just a child being beaten by his father, but as it involves an adult, I mean a full grown adult. It baffles me and makes me paralyze into my bone marrow, it leaves me distorted that I can’t even compose myself and my thought. Ordinarily, it looks like a misunderstanding among three children (two being adult and the other, a semi adult, so to say), but to me, what led to the summit of the charade and what led to this write-up is STUBBONNESS. Dictionary describes stubbornness as being unreasonably and obstructively determines to prevail; I modified it and say being unable to take a break (pause) and allow tense air to saturate.
When you are gentle and calm, it looks like you are foolish sometime, even stupid, as the case may be, but I tell you stick to it because it is still the best policy to adopt. If you are gentle and calm, it gives you self control and ability to think and read minds. With this character, embarrassing situations are forever removed from your life. Unfortunately, this adult does not tread along the path of my philosophy of life and this led to his being beaten severely by his father, to the extent that we have to plead on his behalf. A phenomenon I considered seriously derogatory. Some people might not find this a big deal, but as for me; the last time I was beaten by my father was when I was in junior class three (JSS3) and ever since I left secondary school almost seven years ago, I have never received a slap from my mother who used to beat me the most back then. So when I consider the above scenario as being derogatory, I think you should see my point.
The story still continues, I say this because I know deep inside me that the culprit is not sober, the stubbornness still swell in him. He did not consider what happened as something he should sit down and think over; rather, an act of injustice is being meted out on him. This is enough for today, I can never get to the end of the story because the air of stubbornness still linger in the space as there is no sign of it calming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment